Christmas Holidays at Walt Disney World 2013 Orlando - Disney, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, Epcot, Holiday, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World
What’s happening for the holidays at Walt Disney World 2013
Disney, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, Epcot, Holiday, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World is bringing their annual holiday events earlier than ever this year starting on Nov. 8, 2013. At the Magic Kingdom, there are 20 nights of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, at Epcot, Whoopi Goldberg and Ashley Judd highlight the list of narrators for the Candlelight Processional and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights will Glow with the Show.
• Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Partywill have 19 nights from Nov. 8 – Dec. 20. Beginning at 7 p.m., guests with special event tickets can enjoy the holiday splendor with lively stage shows, fireworks, a unique holiday parade and favorite holiday traditions including complimentary cookies and hot cocoa, and snow flurries on Main Street, U.S.A. For more information click here. This is a hard ticket special event after regular park hours; purchasing tickets in advance is recommended. Dates for 2013: Nov. 8, 11, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22 and Dec. 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20.
• Holiday Decor: Santa’s elves have transformed the Magic Kingdom into a winter wonderland with festive wreaths, bows, garland, sparkling lights and towering Christmas trees.
• Castle Dream Lights: Cinderella Castle transforms into a glimmering ice palace for the holidays thanks to a special effects spectacle bathing the castle in 200,000 shimmering white lights. Magic Kingdom guests are treated nightly to the castle celebration and stage show.
• Candlelight Processional combines seasonal music with the poignant reading of “The Christmas Story” by a celebrity narrator, accompanied by a mass choir performing seasonal melodies, and a 50-piece live orchestra nightly Nov. 29 – Dec. 30, at 5, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m. at America Gardens Theater stage. For more information and reservations click here.
Narrators this season include: Nov. 29 – Dec. 1 – Gary Sinise Dec. 2-3 – Neil Patrick Harris Dec. 4-5 – Ashley Judd Dec. 6-7 – Whoopi Goldberg Dec. 8-10 – Sigourney Weaver Dec. 11-13 – Dennis Haysbert Dec. 14-16 – James Denton Dec. 17-19 – Edward James Olmos Dec. 20-22 – Trace Adkins Dec. 23-25 – TBA Dec. 26-28 – Blair Underwood Dec. 29-30 – Amy Grant
• Holidays Around the World: Guests become immersed in the festivities, as they experience a celebration of the holidays from the various countries throughout World Showcase. The merriment continues with meet and greets with Santa and Mrs. Claus, plus the nightly “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” laser, light, fireworks display capped with a seasonal finale.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
• The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights: This massive seasonal display features millions of dancing lights, plus animated displays and 3D effects synchronized to electrifying holiday tunes amidst snowfall. The tradition takes place on the Streets of America from Nov. 8, 2013 to Jan. 5, 2014.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
• Celebrate safari style as Mickey and his pals rejoice in traditional holiday music with a world beat twist during the daily “Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade” Nov. 7, 2013 to Jan. 2, 2014.
• Get all your holiday shopping done at Downtown Disney during Festival of the Seasons. From Harley Davidson to Once Upon A Toy, there’s something for just about every style and budget. The shopping area is draped with yuletide cheer from Nov. 15 – Dec. 29 featuring live entertainment, holiday carolers, a lively street party, plus photo ops with Santa and Santa Goofy.
Glow With the Show Ears Brighten the Holiday Season
• Beginning in November with the premiere of Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Holiday Wishes at Magic Kingdom, the Glow With the Show Ear hats will place guests in the middle of the magic. With every dancing light, musical note and explosion in the sky, the Glow ears will illuminate, change colors and patterns to synchronize with every moment during these yuletide shows.